Sunday, December 2, 2007

Recording Session Gone Bad...


This weekend, i had the opportunity to co-write and play bass/guitar on a song with producer Philip Steir. Philip and I go way back. We met in San Francisco in 2002, when we worked on "Engage," my first band's sophomore album. Since then, we've worked on a whole heap of great projects together. So when i got the call for this, i agreed without question.

The song [which will be used for an independent food documentary due out in 2009ish... i think] was supposed to be kind of a dark, eerie piano piece. Think Tori Amos meets "American Beauty" meets "Nightmare Before Christmas." I'm always down for something challenging. But for me and my pop-rock background, this definitely stretched my boundries. In the end it turned out pretty sweet, but while writing and recording i spent about 11 hours in a 55 degree tracking room. Low and behold, today I wake up with a lovely sinus infection.

I'm ready to start a new week filled with song writing, Emergen-C, and hittin' the Singer's Saving Grace pretty hard until I feel my flawless self again.

2 comments:

leavemealone said...

sorry about the crap feeling duder.

flawlessness will be yours soon enough!

Anonymous said...

host the song somewhere so i can hear it!