Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Relient K

So, I haven't blogged about this yet but about a year or so ago, I had the priveledge of singing back up vocals for some of my great friends in Relient K. I sang on one of the tracks from their newest album "Five Score and Seven Years Ago" called "I Need You".

Since our lives have all grown so busy in the past few years, the only time I really get to connect with these guys is when they pass through southern California on tour. So, of course I jumped at the chance to see them live and hang out when they played with Switchfoot tonight to a sold-out crowd at the Bren Center in Irvine.

It was literally like going to a high school reunion for me, since these bands and I shared many stages and tours over the years with my former band.

Tonight, when I arrived, I had no idea I was going to be pulled up on stage to sing along with the track I'd recorded with them. Luckily, my good friend Jered was there to take some shots. So... here they are.




And, the crowning glory:

Jelly Button Central

Yes, that IS in fact my belly button dent that you can see through my shirt from stage. But, doesn't the black look slimming?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

There's a video up on youtube with you.. It's a pretty good video, too.

Just search relient k, then click date added..

You probably saw it already.