Monday, April 5, 2010

Longest Weekend Ever.

So maybe I haven't mentioned it much on here, but I regularly play on Sunday mornings at church alongside some of my very talented friends [namely, Travis Ryan]. I do this for a few reasons:

1. My friends are awesome
2. It provides me with a good few hours of "dude time" each week
3. Money in the bank

Also, since I started my music career in the Christian music industry I could essentially do this stuff with my eyes closed.

We get a lot of opportunities to play as an actual band for Travis as well at conferences, other churches, large gatherings and more. Typically it's a pretty good time and is shrouded in moments of complete ass-clown-ness, which of course I love.


This weekend was particularly a busy one. Playing for 2 different churches on Easter Sunday, our schedule was as follows:


Saturday:
5am call time for Saturday conference at Saddleback Church
9am to 1pm Playing/Hanging/Eating/Playing/Playing/Douche-bagging
1pm to 2pm Short break to go home and grab my equipment for rehearsal [different gig, different gear]
2pm to 7pm Set Up and Rehearse [with full choir and string section] for Easter services
7pm to 10pm Family Dinner, Easter egg hunt, the whole "preaster" nine yards.
11:30pm Fall down dead asleep with the wife by my side


Sunday:
4:45am call time for "Sunrise Service" event in Coto De Caza
6:30am Service #1 Set to begin [ran 20 minutes late]
8:30am BEGIN PLAYING for huge Easter service [the time crunch of death between the 6:30am service and the 9am service- was so brutal!]
9am Service #1 at Church #2
11am Service #2 at Church #2
1pm Load Out/Pack Up
2pm Fall down dead alseep with the wife by my side
3:30pm Earthquake- momentary nap interruption [rude, Earth... real dick move you pulled there]
8pm Wake up. Movies/Dinner/Hang Time with me lady.



I must admit- this weekend FLEW by because of how busy it was. I couldn't believe that by mid-day on Sunday it was all over. For all the stress, anxiety, and time that went into these productions, I was glad I got to spend the weekend doing some playing with the dudes. Sometimes- every now and again- the fast paced life is nice to get back into. But when it's over, I'm reminded of how much I love sitting in a studio writing tunes every day. Here's some pictures from today- hold on tight, they're pretty awesome. See if you can find me:










Stay chill.

No comments: