Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I know, I know.

I'm terrible at blogging. I realize this. But, the wife and I are working to quickly change this situation... so to all who are still reading: HANG IN THERE! We'll be updating you with some fun, great, interesting things in the near future!


Let's try and catch you up to speed on what it's been like for me the past few months.


February:
Finishing up producing with the wonder kids Sun From Shadow, and started producing a few songs for Tom Solis. Oh yeah, I also found out that, in two months, I'd be losing my studio. That was fun and interesting.


March:
Finishing up Tom Solis and freaking out about the loss of studio situation. Oh yah, and writing "the hits" as per usual.



April:
Moved my entire studio [did I mention my wife and friends surprised me with an AWESOME new desk before I got home from Tour in January??] to my house. Working from home = cramped and stressful, but more time with the lady. I started talking to and working with a fabulous man by the name of Travis Ryan. His music is great and we hit it off as friends, too! I start not only producing his stuff, but playing with him live.


May:
Recording Travis lots. Still writing hits. Travis records his version of "Changing The Story" and it kicks ass. You can hear the song, my version, on my 'space.


June:
As ABC slows down for their fiscal year, I start working more with my wife on the weekends. She doesn't pay me. During the week, I'm writing, recording, producing.... mostly naked. Still working from home. Did a sweet commercial song with my dude friend Brandon for a real estate company called "Hom Group". Yes hom. NO e. It rocks and takes us forever to get it just right synching to the video. I'd prove it if I could. Can't.


July:
My good friend and composer buddy, Brandon, leaves for Paris [at this point I start a blogging competition with him... that I completely failed at]. He's gone for a whole month! I blogged once. He blogged practically daily. Still playing a lot live with Travis... it makes me realize how much I missed the stage, so I'm happy to be here! Travis has had a great response to the first few songs he recorded, so in late July we decided to take on another few songs to make it a full length album. Sweet! Time with the dudes is abundant.


August:
Busy month! Working a ton doing producing and playing with Travis. My best friend, Todd, got married! I was a groomsmen [the better man]. Travis blogs more than I do. I played a camp with him for a few days [Cal Baptist New Students Retreat]. Read Travis' blog about it here!!! There's video and everything. It'll be sweet, I promise. Still working a TON for my wife. Still not getting paid. Studio is still at home.


September:
Yeah! The wife and I celebrate 5 years of marriage with a much needed cruise to Mexico. I won a karaoke contest that gave me the honor of portraying Elton John in the last night's show. I have a video of it, but I'm trying to work out the kinks with the audio [so that when it does get posted, you can enjoy it in it's full glory].



Okay, boring stuff over. Exciting stuff??? ABC is using the crap outta my songs! That we know of, I've been used a few times on General Hospital's spin off Night Shift. We're stoked. Then, we find out that I've been played on ABC's prime time mini-series, Samurai Girl. More stoked! Come to find out that this show has used me 5 times!!! Well, 4 with me singing and 1 of my wife singing. All Josh Auer songs, composed by yours truly. I'm a superstar! And it feels... real good.

Today, we found out that the songs from Samurai Girl are available via iTunes. They are part of the soundtrack, but can also be purchased individually for the low low [standard, generic] price of $.99 each!








We're excited! Oh, and I forgot to highlight the one at the bottom, and they didn't include the song "It's You", but it WAS indeed played in the series. We heard it with our own ears so it's no lie.


Last week, I got to be in a video that Travis [you remember, we JUST talked about him] was doing. Here are some sweet stellar pics from that:










Oh yah, Travis is good looking. That doesn't hurt in this industry!






I promise more pictures of life and fun next time. But let's be honest... don't check back tomorrow or anything. It'll be a few days!

No comments: