Monday, September 29, 2008

Super sweet.

So, over the summer, me writing for ABC slowed down a LOT as their fiscal year came to a close [and begins again in October.... counting down the days, seriously!!].

As I took a step back from actual song writing for ABC [which you can see a few posts down, I've been doing a ton of producing], I got the opportunity to write songs for an up-and-coming young artist [slash super cool dude that lives near my wife and I] Taylor Warren. Writing songs for Taylor has been really fun for me, and it's been great for him, too. If you click on the link and go to his 'space, you'll hear "Who I Am", which is a song I wrote about a month and a half ago and had him sing on [and already has 17,000 plays on his site]. Oh yah, you can also buy "Who I Am" on iTunes if you search the music store for Taylor's stuff. You should. Trust me. Not only is the song amazing but I get paid. Which should be your main concern. Plus that way you can have a piece of me to take with you everywhere you go.


Just spent the day today finishing the bridge and mixing/mastering the second song for Taylor and his myspace, named "Someone Like You", which my sweet dude friend Brandon co-wrote with me. I'm sure Taylor has what it takes to make it a hit! Nothing like writing a song and then finding someone who sounds ten times cooler than you to sing the crap outta it!


In honor of the fact that I have the skills to do so.... a quick pre-release snip of Taylor's new song, "Someone Like You" [accompanied by a vibe-y picture from Taylor's video shoot a few months back]:





Keep your eyes on Taylor. He'll be the next big thing, guaranteed! And, if I can, I'll be holding on for dear life as he rises to the top [special thanks to his dad, Todd, for allowing me and encouraging me to do so!!].


Hopefully I'll be previewing many more songs for Taylor and for ABC to you in this fashion. Would that make you, blog readers, feel special? I hope so. Because to me, you are all so, so special. And just to keep your interest [as I know that's what 90% of you are really here to see...], here's a picture of me standing in front of bricks in Mexico.







Yes, I know. But ladies, I'm still happily married... hate to be the continual heartbreaker but what can you do if you're born like this??

No comments: