Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's going to be a long day.

So, my home-made vocal booth has been getting more and more shady for a while now. Last night, in a surge of empowerment, I decided to tackle the booth and make it more stable and strong [like myself]. Since it got too late for me to go out and buy anything, the project dragged it's feet into today and I'm spending my afternoon drilling and building instead of writing and tracking. Not happy. Here's me being proud of myself for being 80% done:





Until I noticed something.


See this proerly made corner right here. This is bitchin.





See this corner:






These do NOT look the same. Why, why, WHY in my right mind did I screw the cross beam to the outside of the verticle brace [don't worry, it's guy lingo. Dudes... you got me, right?]??






Oh yah, Brandon was here to help. And make fun of me. Wait... with me. Make fun WITH me. Here I am, delirious at this point, wearing a tiny witch hat in silent protest to what I know I must do....





And here I am, fixing the problem. Oh by the way, note the back corner, which was ALSO put together wrong [and differently than the other wrong corner]. Can't I just write songs and be cool?? I am clearly not cut out to be a construction worker.





Hopefully tonight and tomorrow will be filled with nothing less than my glorious voice filling our hallways. Well, I guess not... that's what a vocal booth is for. To hold sound in [or out]. But at least I'll be surround by it!

No comments: